I should have called this blog, “the lazy cook”, because I like to cook, using one bowl, one utensil, I want it to take 5 minutes, and taste amazing- like, really amazing.
Tonight, as I packed school lunches, looked in the pantry to see the cookie jar empty, and the cake container holding only a few crumbs, I knew I needed to whip something up.
As we settle into some warmer weather here in Melbourne, Australia, the kids are starting to spend extra time outside, so after dinner, when they were outside on the trampoline and playing basketball, I thought I would whip up some cookies.
I’ll warn you, these are a little bit ugly, and not overly sweet (although, they are sweet enough for us 🙂 ), so if you prefer, increase the sugar slightly, or add extra choc chips.
UGLY OAT CHOC CHIP COOKIES
150g softened butter
110g coconut sugar (or whichever sugar you prefer)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup spelt flour (or whichever flour you prefer)
1/2 tsp baking powder
120g rolled oats
1/3 cup dark choc chips
1. Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add remainder ingredients except the choc chips, and beat until combined
3. Fold in choc chips (you could leave these out if you prefer and add dried fruit, nuts or a combination of both)
4. Use two spoons to scoop out the mix and drop onto a lined tray. I left mine in ball type shapes, but you could flatten slightly if you prefer.
5. Bake in moderate oven for approx. 15 mins or until golden brown. These are a chewy cookie 🙂
Makes approx. 20 cookies