Wow! (By default, lol) I was awarded the prestigious Liebster award, from a travelling blog called Travelling Macs. I’ve seen this award on many a blog, and now I am proud to say that I can pin a badge to my home page too!
The Liebster, as it is fondly termed, is passed around the blogging circuit to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins, and according to dictionist is translated to: sweetheart, beloved person and darling.
By following these basic rules –
- answer 11 questions set by your nominee,
- share 11 facts about yourself
- write 11 new questions of your own, and
- pass the award onto (up to) 11 other bloggers to answer your questions
it enables readers to get to know new bloggers and connect with a wider audience.
I’ve poured my celebratory drink, the balloons and streamers have been hung, party poppers, popped. Miami Sound Machine’s Dr Beat is playing over the stereo. This party is rocking! So while you are all pouring your drinks, I’ll answer a few questions…
Here it goes…
1. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
It’s time out for me
2. What is the last book you read?
Errrr, probably a cook book lol, I haven’t read an actual book in a while. I tend to spend most of my spare time looking at recipes lol
3. Name 3 of your strengths and weaknesses.
I always feel sqeemish talking about strengths and weaknesses! Weaknesses (they always seem easier right?) I am very messy, I procrastinate and I’m impulsive. Strengths, I love all food (a strength when you have a food-type blog!), I’m generally a happy person (except for when I’m not lol), impulsive (can be a strength too, right?)
4. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose and why?
Mary Poppins, because she can do the finger clicking cleaning thing!
5. What sound do you love?
My children’s giggles❤
6. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
God-willing, I will be here to witness my children grow into adults and raise their families
7. When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
What is this free-time you talk of?
8. What do you miss most about being a kid?
9. What is your favourite dinner?
Something I haven’t cooked lol
10. Are you afraid of swimming in the ocean and why/ why not?
Yes, Not knowing what is under my feet terrifies me!
11. What is your idea of a dream vacation?
Amazing food, well behaved kids, massages daily, not too humid, but sunny and warm enough to be at the beach every day.
11 Facts about me…
1. I love almost all food. Too much.
2. Out of my four grandparents, my grandfather who chain-smoked most of his life, lived the longest. He died around the age of 90.
3. I have a fear of birds. I hate crows, and large birds completely freak me out. Hubby thinks this is hilarious and has been known to throw a crust of bread near me, when there are seagulls nearby… Oh and once a pelican blocked my path at the zoo, I had to go right back around another way just to avoid crossing his path.
4. I really love musicals and old movies. I am so happy that my kids will (mostly) sit through these movies with me and enjoy them.
5. My first job (other than working in my parents’ camera shop) was at an ice cream shop. I worked there for 4 years, and never got sick of ice cream.
6. I am in the process of setting up a business with my sister (who is a chef), selling gluten free, (amongst other things) snack foods. It’s been a big learning curve for me, and it’s taken much longer than I thought it would have, but we are getting much closer now!
7. I have not really travelled much outside of Australia, but am hoping to go to Greece and Cyprus in the next couple of years (with all the kids!). My parents and mil are from Cyprus, and my fil is from Greece.
8. When I go to a restaurant, I prefer ordering lots of appetisers instead of a big meal.
9. If crème brulee is an option for dessert, I will order it.
10. I have met Hugh Jackman (my claim to fame lol)
11. If I had to choose a cuisine for a restaurant I often prefer Japanese over other options.
And now to pass the award on to other deserving bloggers…
And your questions are…
1. What music do you like to listen to? Any favourites at the moment?
2. Are you a morning person or a night person?
3. If you could have any chef in the world cook for you, who would you choose? Why?
4. Where is your favourite place in the world to visit?
5. If you could speak another language, what would it be?
6. When you think of your childhood, what is the first food that you think of?
7. What did you want to be when you were little?
8. If you could have a cook, a cleaner or a gardener, which would you choose to have?
9. Has your blog changed much from when you started? eg, focused on different things now?
10. What prompted you to start blogging?
11. How long have you been blogging?
Thanks again Kerry-Anne, from Travelling Macs, for this honour! It was lovely to ‘meet’ you and I look forward to seeing you and other bloggers around Blogsville 😀